2018 continues to be an exciting year with challenges and events coming thick & fast:
– May 19/20: Aileen Orr took part in the Glasgow Nightrider, a 100k overnight cycle ride, in memory of her Mother. She then took part in The Great Women’s Run 10k in Glasgow on June 10th and raised a total of £1475
– May 20th: The 10th Annual Cricket Match between the Studland 1st XI & The Marsala Restaurant took place in Studland Bay and raised £225
– May 28th: Jack Noakes took part in the Bridgnorth Lions 22 mile walk and raised £147
– June 8th: After growing his hair for 5 years, Jenna Bartlett’s nephew Dyllan had it cut off to raise money for CUP foundation and raised £125. He donated the hair to make wigs for children who have lost their hair due to cancer
– June 17th: Richard Delacour completed the London to Brighton Bike Ride in memory of Lee Cook, a former work colleague, raising £557
– July 10th: Stacy Milson raised £2000 at a charity event she held because her Mum has been diagnosed with CUP. There were singers, cake stalls, a raffle, a Disney Princess, Mrs Brown’s Boys and, to top it all, her nephew had his hair cut!
Future events include: The Salisbury Ultra Marathon, Lizzy Dawson’s sponsored haircut which is now taking place on August 18th, Jordan Perry’s boxing event which has been rescheduled to 1st September, The Great North Run, a big team running the Barns Green Half Marathon/10K, the Birmingham Half Marathon and a black tie ball.