This is the first update of 2018 and it’s shaping up to be an exciting year of challenges and events for our supporters:
– April 22nd: Collette Green ran the London Marathon in memory of her father, Brian Eddy, and raised over £1140
– April 20th: Paul Barker’s Memorial Golf Day was held. Paul work tirelessly to raise awareness and funds after his CUP diagnosis. In his memory, his friends and family decided to hold his annual golf day on what would have been his 50th birthday. They raised just over £5000 – an amazing achievement which helped smash Paul’s £30,000 target on his JustGiving page. The total now stands at £34,500 (including Gift Aid)
– Sometime in May (date not yet disclosed!): Lizzy Dawson will have her hair chopped off to raise money for CUP Foundation (the hair will be donated to the Little Princess Foundation). She has been growing her hair in preparation. We can’t wait to see the new look!
– Mark Stow and his family have been raising funds in memory of his sister Nicky. His Grandmother recently hosted a coffee morning and raised £500
– May 12th: Our indefatigable Trustee Philippa McEwan dusted off her walking boots and took part in Just Walk at Goodwood and raised over £300
– May 19/20: Aileen Orr will take part in the Glasgow Nightrider, a 100k overnight cycle ride, in memory of her Mother. If that wasn’t exhausting enough she will also run The Great Women’s Run 10k in Glasgow on June 10th. She has already raised over £1000 in sponsorship money. Good luck for both events!
– May 20th: The 10th Annual Cricket Match between the Studland 1st XI & The Marsala Restaurant will take place in Studland Bay
– June 2nd: Jordan Perry will take part in the Beginner to Winner Charity Boxing Event. His Mother has been diagnosed with CUP so he wants to raise funds for research and to support patients and their families. He has already raised nearly £600.
Good luck to all our intrepid supporters! There will be more information on their efforts in our next update along with details of other upcoming events later in the year including: a skydive, The Great North Run, a marathon and a black tie ball. So watch this space!