Our supporters have started off 2017’s fundraising and awareness raising efforts at a cracking pace. Here are the events that have taken place since our last update:
– In February Chris Treacher cycled from Lands End to John O’Groats and raised £164
– March 12th: Sacha Skerton took part in the Vitality North London Half Marathon. She was running in memory of Karen Davies and raised £1146
– March 26th: Jack Cook & friends ran the Yeovil Half Marathon (see full story below posted on April 4th). Their final fundraising tally was £4826. Well done to you all!
– April 9th: Michelle Frost ran the Brighton Marathon in memory of Eddie MacDonald and to raise awareness of CUP. She raised £150
– April 23rd: Katrina Barker completed the Stockton Duathlon and raised £1254. In her own words this entailed “starting off with a gentle 10K run, a little mosey on my beautiful new bike named Sid for 40K and then because I haven’t had enough of the beautiful sites of Stockton I will end (in more ways than one) with a 5K sprint finish”. Phew, it sounds exhausting! She was competing in honour of her good friend Lisa who died of CUP last May
Good luck to Mary Parfitt & Clare Mills. They are both friends of Paul Barker – long term supporter of CUP Foundation and CUP patient. Mary will be abseiling down Ipswich hospital on May 27th and Clare will be taking part in the Great East Swim on June 17th. Clare has particularly asked that people leave a note of encouragement on her JustGiving page as she is having to learn front crawl which she hates!
We are very grateful to Alan Pearce for the donations made in memory of his wife Bev who died of CUP in February at the age of 44. Donations were requested in lieu of flowers at Bev’s Life Celebration.
Our thanks go also to Jan Petty who asked for donations to CUP Foundation to help others in tribute to Steve and his life, after her husband Steve sadly died of CUP on April 10th.
We very much appreciate the money that was raised and will ensure that it is used wisely.